Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review; Reinstatement, With Change, Of A Previously Approved Collection For Which Approval Has Expired; Budget Detail Worksheet.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of the Comptroller, has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until July 22, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Cynthia J. Schwimer, Comptroller (202-307-0623, Office of the Comptroller, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility.
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information:
(1) Type of information collection: Reinstatement, with change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Budget Detail Worksheet.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form: None. Office of Justice Program, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: All potential grantee partners who are possible recipients of our discretionary grant programs. The eligible recipients include state and local government, Indian tribes, profit entities, non-profit entities, educational institutions, and individuals. The form is not mandatory and is recommended as a guide to assist the recipient in preparing the budget narrative as authorized in 28 CFR parts 66 and 70.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 2500 respondents will complete a 4-hour form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total hour burden to complete the forms is 10,000 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: May 16, 2002.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-12833 Filed 5-21-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M