Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comments Requested
30 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review; Extension Of A Currently Approved Collection; Requisition For Forms Or Publications And Requisition For Firearms/Explosives Forms.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Number 68, Volume 101, page 28838 on May 7, 2003, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until August 15, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technology collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Requisition For Forms or Publications and Requisition For Firearms/Explosives Forms.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 1370.3 and ATF F 1370.2. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Individuals or households. Abstract: The forms are used by the general public to request or order forms or publications from the ATF Distribution Center. The forms also notify ATF of the quantity required by the respondent and provide a guide as to annual usage of ATF forms and publications by the general public.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 30,000 respondents, who will complete each form within approximately 3 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,725 burden hours annually associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: July 10, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-18005 Filed 7-15-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-M