Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
Notice Of Pending Nrc Action To Submit An Information Collection Request To Omb And Solicitation Of Public Comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Extension.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0026.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC employees, contractors, licensees, and applicants who marry after completing NRC's Personnel Security forms, or marry after having been granted an NRC access authorization or employment clearance.
5. The number of annual respondents: 60.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: Total Burden 12 hours (.20 hour per response).
7. Abstract: Completion of the NRC Form 354 is a mandatory requirement for NRC employees, contractors, licensees, and applicants who marry after submission of the Personnel Security Forms, or after receiving an access authorization or employment clearance to permit the NRC to assure there is no increased risk to the common defense and security.
Submit, by May 17, 2005, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC Worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to email@example.com.