Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comments Requested
60 Day Notice Of Information Collection Under Review: Application For Restoration Of Firearms Privileges.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until August 7, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Barbara Terrell, Firearms Enforcement Branch, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Room 7400, Washington, DC 20226.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application For Restoration of Firearms Privileges.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 3210.1, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: Business or other for profit. Certain categories of persons are prohibited from possessing firearms. ATF F 3210.1, Application For Restoration of Firearms Privileges is the basis for ATF investigating the merits of an applicant to have his /her rights restored.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 250 respondents will complete a 30 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 125 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: June 5, 2006.
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E6-8972 Filed 6-8-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P