Potato Research and Promotion Plan
The Agricultural Marketing Service is making corrections to its Potato Research and Promotion plan regulations to reflect the modification of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule for imported potatoes by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (Customs). This document also corrects Customs' name within 7 CFR part 1207.
Table of Contents Back to Top
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
- SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
- List of Subjects in 7 CFR Part 1207
- PART 1207—POTATO RESEARCH AND PROMOTION PLAN
DATES: Back to Top
Effective March 26, 2010.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Deborah Simmons, Marketing Specialist, Research and Promotion Branch, Fruit and Vegetable Programs, AMS, USDA, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Room 0632, Stop 0244, Washington, DC 20250-0244; telephone: (202) 720-9915; or fax: (202) 205-2800; or e-mail: Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
This amendment corrects 7 CFR part 1207, section 1207.510 Levy of Assessments paragraphs (b)(1) to correct the name of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and update HTS codes in the table that appears in paragraph (b)(3).
Accordingly, 7 CFR part 1207 is amended by making the following correcting amendments:
PART 1207—POTATO RESEARCH AND PROMOTION PLAN Back to Top
1.The authority citation for 7 CFR part 1207 continues to read as follows:
2.Section 1207.510 is amended by revising paragraph (b)(1), and the table in paragraph (b)(3) to read as follows:
§ 1207.510 Levy of assessments.
* * * * *
(b) * * *
(1) An Assessment rate of 3 cents per hundredweight shall be levied on all tablestock potatoes imported into the United States for ultimate consumption by humans and all seed potatoes imported into the United States. An assessment rate of 3 cents per hundredweight shall be levied on the fresh weight equivalents of imported frozen or processed potatoes for ultimate consumption by humans. The importer of imported tablestock potatoes, potato products, or seed potatoes shall pay the assessment to the Board through the U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the time of entry or withdrawal for consumption of such potatoes and potato products into the United States.
* * * * *
(3) * * *
|Tablestock potatoes, frozen or processed potatoes, and seed potatoes||Assessment|
* * * * *
Dated: March 16, 2010.
David R. Shipman,
Acting Administrator, Agricultural Marketing Service.
[FR Doc. 2010-6185 Filed 3-25-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-02-P