Notice of Final Federal Agency Actions on Proposed Highway in North Carolina
Notice Of Limitation On Claims For Judicial Review Of Actions By Fhwa And Other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139 (I)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, NC 24 Improvements, from 2.8 miles east of I-95 to I-40 in Cumberland, Sampson, and Duplin Counties, North Carolina (T.I.P Project R-2303). Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139 (I)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before April 5, 2011. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Clarence W. Coleman, P.E., Preconstruction and Environment Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, 310 New Bern Avenue, Ste 410, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27601-1418; Telephone: (919) 747-7014; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. FHWA North Carolina Division Office's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time). You may also contact Gregory J. Thorpe, Ph.D., Project Development and Environmental Analysis Branch Manager, North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), 1 South Wilmington Street (Delivery), 1548 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1548; Telephone (919) 733-3141, email@example.com. NCDOT—Project Development and Environmental Analysis Branch Office's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time).
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of North Carolina: NC 24 Improvements, Federal Aid No. STPNHF-F-8-2(17), Cumberland, Sampson, and Duplin Counties, North Carolina. The proposed action will improve approximately 40 miles of NC 24 from terminus of an existing 4-lane section, approximately 2.8 miles east of I-95 to I-40. Portions of the selected alternative (Corridor 56) widen existing roadways and portions construct a four-lane facility on new location. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on March 31, 2010,and in the FHWA Record of Decision (ROD), issued on September 10, 2010, and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The FEIS, ROD, and other documents in the FHWA administrative record file are available by contacting the FHWA or NCDOT at the addresses provided above. The FHWA FEIS and ROD can be viewed at the NCDOT—Project Development and Environmental Analysis Branch, 1 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh, North Carolina; NCDOT- Division 3 Office, 124 Division Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401, NCDOT—Division 6 Office, 558 Gillespie St., Fayetteville, NC 28301, Fayetteville MPO (FAMPO) Office, 130 Gillespie Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301, Mid-Carolina RPO (MCCOG) Office, 130 Gillespie Street, 3rd Floor Post Office Drawer 1510, Fayetteville, NC 28302, and East Carolina RPO (ECC), 233 Middle Street, 3rd Floor, O. Marks Building, New Bern, NC 28560.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 USC 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Anadromous Fish Conservation Act [16 U.S.C. 757(a)-757(g)], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712], Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976, as amended [16 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) [16 U.S.C. 4601-4604]; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6)]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287]; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931]; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128].
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) [42 U.S.C. 9601-9675]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) [42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k)].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
Authority: Back to Top
23 U.S.C. 139 (I)(1).
Issued on: September 30, 2010.
Clarence W. Coleman,
Preconstruction and Environment Engineer, Raleigh, North Carolina.
[FR Doc. 2010-25280 Filed 10-6-10; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P