Landmarks Committee of the National Park System Advisory Board Meeting
Notice Of Meeting.
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act [5 U.S.C. Appendix (1988)], that a meeting of the Landmarks Committee of the National Park System Advisory Board will be held beginning at 1 p.m. on November 8, 2011, at the following location. The meeting will continue beginning at 9 a.m. on November 9 and 10, 2011.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
November 8, 2011, at 1 p.m.; November 9-10, 2011, at 9 a.m.
Location: The Finn Forum, 2nd Floor, Ray Group International, 900 15th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20005.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Patricia Henry, National Historic Landmarks Program, National Park Service; 1849 C Street, NW., (2280), Washington, DC 20240; Telephone (202) 354-2216; E-mail: Patty_Henry@nps.gov.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
The purpose of the meeting of the Landmarks Committee of the National Park System Advisory Board is to evaluate nominations of historic properties in order to advise the National Park System Advisory Board of the qualifications of each property being proposed for National Historic Landmark (NHL) designation, and to make recommendations regarding the possible designation of those properties as National Historic Landmarks to the National Park System Advisory Board at a subsequent meeting at a place and time to be determined. The Committee also makes recommendations to the National Park System Advisory Board regarding amendments to existing designations and proposals for withdrawal of designation. The members of the Landmarks Committee are:
Mr. Ronald James, Chair;
Dr. James M. Allan;
Dr. Cary Carson;
Dr. Darlene Clark Hine;
Mr. Luis Hoyos, AIA;
Dr. Barbara J. Mills;
Dr. William J. Murtagh;
Dr. Franklin Odo;
Dr. William D. Seale;
Dr. Michael E. Stevens.
The meeting will be open to the public. Pursuant to 36 CFR part 65, any member of the public may file, for consideration by the Landmarks Committee of the National Park System Advisory Board, written comments concerning the National Historic Landmarks nominations, amendments to existing designations, or proposals for withdrawal of designation.
Comments should be submitted to J. Paul Loether, Chief, National Register of Historic Places and National Historic Landmarks Program, National Park Service; 1849 C Street, NW., (2280), Washington, DC 20240; E-mail: Paul_Loether@nps.gov.
Before including your address, phone number, e-mail address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment—including your personal identifying information—may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
The National Park System Advisory Board and its Landmarks Committee may consider the following nominations:
Alabama Back to Top
- United States Post Office and Courthouse, Montgomery, AL.
Arizona Back to Top
- Murray Springs Clovis Site, Cochise County, AZ.
- Poston Elementary School, Unit I, La Paz County, AZ.
California Back to Top
- Nuestra Señora Reina De La Paz, Kern County, CA.
- Port of Nova Albion Historic and Archeological District, Marin County, CA.
Colorado Back to Top
- Trujillo Homestead, Alamosa County, CO.
Georgia Back to Top
- U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, Atlanta, GA.
Iowa Back to Top
- Davis Oriole Earthlodge Site, Mills County, IA.
Indiana Back to Top
- The Republic Building, Columbus, IN.
Louisiana Back to Top
- U.S Court Of Appeals—Fifth Circuit, New Orleans, LA.
Massachusetts Back to Top
- Central Congregational Church, Boston, MA.
Michigan Back to Top
- S.S. BADGER (Car Ferry), Ludington, MI.
Nevada Back to Top
- Mckeen Motorcar #22, Carson City, NV.
New Mexico Back to Top
- Mission San José De Los Jémez And Giusewa Pueblo Site, Sandoval County, NM.
New York Back to Top
- Stepping Stones (Bill and Lois Wilson House), Katonah, NY.
- University Heights Campus, Nyu (Bronx Community College, Cuny), Bronx, NY.
Ohio Back to Top
- Central Branch, National Home For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers/Dayton Veterans. Administration Home, Dayton, OH.
Rhode Island Back to Top
- United Congregational Church, Newport, RI.
Wisconsin Back to Top
- Village of Greendale, Village of Greendale, WI.
Proposed Amendments to Existing Designations:
Nantucket Historic District, Nantucket County, MA (updated and additional documentation).
Wawona Hotel Historic District, Yosemite National Park, CA (additional documentation, boundary and name change).
Dated: August 22, 2011.
J. Paul Loether,
Chief, National Register of Historic Places and National Historic Landmarks Program; National Park Service, Washington, DC.
[FR Doc. 2011-22904 Filed 9-7-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4312-51-P