Proposed Generic Communication Draft Generic Letter on Seismic Risk Evaluations for Operating Reactors
Draft Generic Letter; Extension Of Comment Period.
On September 1, 2011 (76 FR 54507), the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published for public comment Draft Generic Letter 2011-XX: Seismic Risk Evaluations for Operating Reactors. The public comment period was scheduled to expire on October, 31, 2011; however, on September 16, 2011 (76 FR 57767), the NRC issued a correction and extended the public comment period to November 15, 2011. In order to allow the public sufficient time to review and comment on the Draft Generic Letter, the NRC has decided to extend the comment period for the Draft Generic Letter until December 15, 2011.
Table of Contents Back to Top
DATES: Back to Top
The comment period has been extended and expires on December 15, 2011. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so. The NRC is only able to assure consideration of comments received on or before this date.
ADDRESSES: Back to Top
Please include Docket ID NRC-2011-0204 in the subject line of your comments. For instructions on submitting comments and accessing documents related to this action, see Section I, “Submitting Comments and Accessing Information” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document. You may submit comments by any one of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for documents filed under Docket ID NRC-2011-0204. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher, telephone: (301) 492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at (301) 492-3446.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Kamal Manoly, Division of Engineering, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: (301) 415-2765, email: Kamal.Manoly@nrc.gov.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
I. Submitting Comments and Accessing Information Back to Top
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be posted on the NRC Web site and on the Federal rulemaking Web site, http://www.regulations.gov. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed.
The NRC requests that any party soliciting or aggregating comments received from other persons for submission to the NRC inform those persons that the NRC will not edit their comments to remove any identifying or contact information and; therefore, they should not include any information in their comments that they do not want publicly disclosed.
You can access publicly available documents related to this document using the following methods:
- NRC's Public Document Room (PDR): The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly available documents at the NRC's PDR, O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): Publicly available documents created or received at the NRC are available online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. From this page, the public can gain entry into ADAMS, which provides text and image files of the NRC's public documents. If you do not have access to ADAMS or if there are problems in accessing the documents located in ADAMS, contact the NRC's PDR reference staff at 1-(800) 397-4209, (301) 415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Draft Generic Letter is available electronically in ADAMS under Accession Number ML111710783.
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Public comments and supporting materials related to this notice can be found at http://www.regulations.gov by searching on Docket ID NRC-2011-0204.
II. Discussion Back to Top
On September 1, 2011 (76 FR 54507), the NRC published for public comment Draft Generic Letter 2011-XX: Seismic Risk Evaluations for Operating Reactors to inform addressees that the NRC requests addressees to evaluate their facilities to determine the current level of seismic risk and to submit the requested information to facilitate the NRC's determination if there is a need for additional regulatory action. The public comment period was scheduled to expire on October, 31, 2011; however, on September 16, 2011 (76 FR 57767), the NRC issued a correction and extended the public comment period to November 15, 2011. In order to allow the public sufficient time to review and comment on the Draft Generic Letter, the NRC has decided to extend the comment period for the Draft Generic Letter until December 15, 2011.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 31 day of October, 2011.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Chief, Generic Communications and Power Uprate Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2011-28895 Filed 11-7-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P