Export Trade Certificate of Review
Notice Of Application (92 11 A01) To Amend The Export Trade Certificate Of Review Issued To Aerospace Industries Association Of America Inc., Application No. 92 11 A01.
The Office of Competition and Economic Analysis (“OCEA”) of the International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, has received an application to amend an Export Trade Certificate of Review (“Certificate”). This notice summarizes the proposed amendment and requests comments relevant to whether the amended Certificate should be issued.
Table of Contents Back to Top
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
- SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
- Request for Public Comments
- Summary of the Application
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Back to Top
Joseph Flynn, Director, Office of Competition and Economic Analysis, International Trade Administration, (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Back to Top
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. An Export Trade Certificate of Review protects the holder and the members identified in the Certificate from State and Federal government antitrust actions and from private treble damage antitrust actions for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out in compliance with its terms and conditions. Section 302(b)(1) of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 and 15 CFR 325.6(a) require the Secretary to publish a notice in the Federal Register identifying the applicant and summarizing its proposed export conduct.
Request for Public Comments Back to Top
Interested parties may submit written comments relevant to the determination whether an amended Certificate should be issued. If the comments include any privileged or confidential business information, it must be clearly marked and a nonconfidential version of the comments (identified as such) should be included. Any comments not marked as privileged or confidential business information will be deemed to be nonconfidential.
An original and five (5) copies, plus two (2) copies of the nonconfidential version, should be submitted no later than 20 days after the date of this notice to: Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, Room 7021-X, Washington, DC 20230.
Information submitted by any person is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). However, nonconfidential versions of the comments will be made available to the applicant if necessary for determining whether or not to issue the Certificate. Comments should refer to this application as “Export Trade Certificate of Review, application number 92-11A01.”
The Aerospace Industries Association of America Inc. (“AIAA”) original Certificate was issued on September 8, 1992 (57 FR 41920, September 14, 1992). A summary of the current application for an amendment follows.
Summary of the Application Back to Top
Applicant: Aerospace Industries Association of America Inc. (“AIAA”), 1000 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1700, Arlington, VA 22209.
Contact: Matthew F. Hall, Attorney, Telephone: (206) 862-9700.
Application No.: 92-11A01.
Date Deemed Submitted: January 11, 2013.
Proposed Amendment: AIAA seeks to amend its Certificate to:
1. Add the following companies as new Members of the Certificate within the meaning of section 325.2(l) of the Regulations (15 CFR 325.2(l)): 3M Company (St. Paul, MN); Aireon LLC (McLean, VA); Align Aerospace, LLC (Chatsworth, CA); Allied Telesis, Inc. (Bothell, WA); ARINC Aerospace (Annapolis, MD), Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (Angleton, TX); BRS Aerospace (St. Paul, MN); Camcode Division of Horizons, Inc. (Cleveland, OH); CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (Edgewood, NY); Deltek, Inc. (Herndon, VA); Denison Industries, Inc. (TX); ENSCO, Inc. (Falls Church); Ernst Young LLP; (New York, NY); Fluor Corporation (Irving, TX); Galaxy Technologies (Winfield, KS), GKN Aerospace North America (Irving, TX); Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. (Newport News, VA); ITT Exelis (McLean, VA); Microsemi Corporation (Aliso Viejo, CA); Ontic Engineering and Manufacturing, Inc. (Chatsworth, CA); Seal Science, Inc. (Irvine, CA); TASC, Inc. (Chantilly, VA); W.L. Gore Associates, Inc. (Newark, DE).
2. Delete the following companies as Members of AIAA's Certificate: AirDat LLC; AMSAFE Aviation; ANSYS Inc.; Armorworks Enterprises, LLC; Comtech AeroAstro, Inc.; Crown Consulting, Inc.; DynCorp International, LLC; Integral Systems, Inc.; ITT Corporation; Metron Aviation; Micro-Tronics; Paragon Space Development Corporation; Qwaltec, Inc.; Remmele Engineering, Inc.; Sanima-SCI Corporation; SM&A; Southern California Braiding Company, Inc.; TIMCO Aviation Services, Inc.; UFC Aerospace; Vermont Composites, Inc.; WIPRO Technologies.
3. Change in name or address for the following Members: Meggitt Vibro-Meter, Inc. (Londonberry, NH) has been replaced by Meggitt-USA, Inc. (Simi, CA); PPG Aerospace (Symlar, CA) has changed its name to PPG Aerospace-Sierracin Corporation; and Woodward Governor Company (Fort Collins, CO) has changed its name to Woodward, Inc.
Dated: January 17, 2013.
Joseph E. Flynn,
Director, Office of Competition and Economic Analysis.
[FR Doc. 2013-01606 Filed 1-25-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P