This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
1. The plat of the survey of an island in Seretha Lake, Township 152 North, Range 27 West, Fifth Principal Meridian, Minnesota, accepted on January 6, 2000, will be officially filed in Eastern States, Springfield, Virginia at 7:30 a.m., on February 22, 2000. The tract shown below describe the island omitted from the original survey.
Fifth Principal Meridian, Minnesota
T. 152 N. R. 27 W.
Tract No. 37.
2. Tract No. 37 is firm land rising 15 ft. above the ordinary high water mark. The soil has evolved from glacial till parent material and is similar to the soil found on the adjacent uplands. Tree species consist of birch, cedar, fir and spruce, ranging in size from 3 to 20 inches in diameter. A White Birch, 20 inches in diameter, located near the center of the island was approximately 90+ years of age. The ground cover consists of alder, hazel, willow and native grasses on the southerly and easterly shore line.
3. The present water level of the lake compares favorably with that of the original meander line; therefore, the elevation and upland character of the island along with the depth and width of the lake between the adjacent upland and the island are considered evidence that the island did exist in 1858, the year Minnesota was admitted to the Union. The original survey in 1896 did not note the presence of this island.
4. Tract No. 37 is more than 50 percent upland in character within the interpretation of the Swamp and Overflow Act of September 28, 1850 (9 Stat. 519) as extended to the State of Minnesota under the Act of March 12, 1860 (12 Stat. 3). Therefore, the island is held to be public land.
5. The survey was requested by the Assistant Field Manager, Division of Natural Resource Management, under the authority of Section 211 of FLPMA (43 U.S.C. 1721) and the Minnesota Public Lands Improvement Act of 1990, P.L. 101-442 (104 Stat. 1020).
6. Except for valid existing rights, this island will not be subject to application, petition, location or selection under any public law until February 22, 2000.
7. Interested parties protesting the determination that these islands are public land of the United States, must present valid proof showing that the island in question did not exist at the time of statehood or that it was attached to the mainland at the time of the original survey. Such protests must be submitted in writing to the Chief Cadastral Surveyor, Eastern States, Bureau of Land Management, 7450 Boston Boulevard, Springfield, Virginia 22153, prior to 7:30 a.m., February 22, 2000.
Copies of the plat will be made available upon request and prepayment of the appropriate fee.Start Signature
Dated: January 6, 2000.
Stephen G. Kopach,
Chief Cadastral Surveyor.
[FR Doc. 00-113 Filed 1-14-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-GJ-P