This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), HHS.
Notice of meeting.
In accordance with section 10(a) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, this notice announces a meeting of the Advisory Panel on Medicare Education. This Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding our National Medicare Education Program as well as other programs. These programs help Medicare beneficiaries understand the expanded range of Medicare options available with the passage of the Medicare+Choice program. This meeting is open to the public, but attendance is limited to space available.
The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 15, 2000, from 10 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., e.s.t. This session is open to the public in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act. There will be an additional executive session from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., not open to the public, for the processing and swearing in of the members.
The meeting will be held at the Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 628-2100.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Susana Perry, Executive Director, Health Care Financing Administration, Center for Beneficiary Services, Partnership Development Group, 7500 Security Boulevard, S1-08-07, Baltimore, MD 21244-1850, (410) 786-1076.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Advisory Panel on Medicare Education (the Panel) advises us on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of consumer education materials serving the Medicare program. The goals of the Panel are as follows:
- Developing and implementing a national Medicare education program that describes the expanding options for selecting a health plan under Medicare.
- Enhancing the Federal government's effectiveness in informing the Medicare consumer, including the appropriate use of public-private partnerships.
- Expanding outreach to vulnerable and underserved communities, including racial and ethnic minorities; in the context of a national Medicare education program.
- Assembling an information base of “best practices” for helping consumers evaluate health plan options and building a community infrastructure for information, counseling and assistance.
The agenda is as follows:
- Appointments Process and Procedural Details (closed session).
- Introductory Remarks.
- Summary of HCFA Activities in Beneficiary Education: The National Medicare Education Program and the materials, assessments, evaluations, and research efforts that support it.
- Committee Discussion.
- Committee Work Plan and Next Steps.
- Public Comment.
Dated: January 27, 2000.
Nancy-Ann Min DeParle,
Administrator, Health Care Financing Administration.
[FR Doc. 00-2076 Filed 1-28-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P