The Superintendent of Aniakchak National Monument and the Chairperson of the Subsistence Resource Commission for Aniakchak National Monument announce a forthcoming meeting of the Aniakchak National Monument Subsistence Resource Commission. The following agenda items will be discussed:
(1) Call to order.
(2) SRC Roll Call and Confirmation of Quorum.
(3) Welcome and Introductions.
(4) Review and Adopt Agenda.
(5) Review and adopt minutes from the March 29-30, 1999 meeting.
(6) Commission Purpose.
(7) Status of Membership.
(8) Public and Agency Comments.
(9) Old Business:
a. Review Secretary's response to subsistence hunting program recommendations:
1. Geographic Place Names Request.
b. Roster Regulation Proposed Rule Publication.
1. For Customary and Traditional Use Determinations: Unit 9E Brown Bear.
2. Cooperative Wildlife Studies: Unit 9E Moose and Caribou.
3. Aniakchak National Monument and Preserve Access Study Project Statement.
c. Status of Air Taxi/Outfitter Guide Concession Permit Program.
d. Request for resident zone community status for Perryville and Ivanoff Bay.
(10) New Business:
a. October 1999 SRC Chairs Workshop Report.
1. NPS Customary Trade Regulations.
2. Resident zone community one-year residency requirement.
b. Federal Subsistence Program Update.
1. Bristol Bay Regional Council Report.
2. Federal Subsistence Board Report.
c. Draft Subsistence Management Plan Review.
(11) Public and Agency Comments.
(12) SRC work session (draft proposals, letters, and recommendations).
(13) Set time and place of next SRC meeting.
The meeting will begin at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 9, 2000 and conclude at approximately 6 p.m. The meeting will reconvene at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 10 and adjourn at approximately 1 p.m.
Community Subsistence Building, Chignik Lake, Alaska.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Deb Ligget, Acting Superintendent, or Donald Mike, Resource Specialist, Aniakchak National Monument, P.O. Box 7, King Salmon, Alaska 99613. Phone (907) 246-3305. Start Printed Page 10544End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Subsistence Resource Commissions are authorized under Title VIII, Section 808, of the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act, Pub. L. 96-487, and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committees Act. Note that under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), transcripts of any person giving public comments may be made available under a FOIA request.Start Signature
Deputy Regional Director.
[FR Doc. 00-4628 Filed 2-25-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-70-P