Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Treasury.
Correction to final regulations.
This document contains corrections to final regulations which were published in the Federal Register Start Printed Page 17149on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 (65 FR 6001), relating to amendments to the regulations governing certain notices and consents required in connection with distributions from retirement plans.
This correction is effective February 8, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Catherine Livingston Fernandez at (202) 622-6030 (not a toll-free number).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The final regulations that are subject to these corrections are under sections 402(f), 411(a)(11) and 3405(e)(10)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Need for Correction
As published, the final regulations (TD 8873) contain errors that may prove to be misleading and are in need of clarification.
Correction of PublicationStart Amendment Part
Accordingly, the publication of the final regulations (TD 8873), which were the subject of FR Doc.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. On page 6004, column 2, line 24 from the top of the column, the language “I.R.B.) provides that, pending” is corrected to read “I.R.B. 413) provides that, pending”.End Amendment Part
2. On page 6008, column 1, § 35.3405-1 d-35, lines 4 and 5 of A, the language, “and the annual notice described in d-31) to a payee either on a written paper” is corrected to read “of § 35.3405-1T and the annual notice described in d-31 of § 35.3405-1T) to a payee either on a written paper”.End Amendment Part
3. On page 6008, column 2, § 35.3405-1 d-36 A., the first line of Example 5, the language, “Example 5. (I) Same facts as Example 1,” is corrected to read “Example 5. (i) Same facts as Example 1,”.
4. On page 6008, column 2, § 35.3405-1 d-36A., the first line of Example 5 (ii), the language, “(ii) In this Example 5, Plan A does not” is corrected to read “(ii) In this Example 5, the plan administrator does not”.
5. On page 6008, column 3, instructional Par. 7. and the table in § 602.101(b) are corrected to read as follows:
End Amendment Part
(b) * * *
|CFR part or section where identified and described||Current OMB control No.|
|* * * * *|
|* * * * *|
|* * * * *|
Dale D. Goode,
Federal Register Liaison, Assistant Chief Counsel (Corporate).
[FR Doc. 00-5243 Filed 3-30-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4830-01-P