Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: New
2. The title of the information collection: Generic Customer Satisfaction Survey
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 671, Request for Review of a Customer Satisfaction Survey Under Generic Clearance
4. How often the collection is required: Occasionally
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Voluntary reporting by the public and NRC licensees
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1250 (250 responses/survey x 5 surveys)
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1250
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 313 (1250 responses x 0.25 hrs/response)
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A
10. Abstract: Voluntary customer satisfaction surveys will be used to contact users of NRC services and products to determine their needs, and how the Commission can improve its services and products to better meet those needs. In addition, focus groups will be contacted to discuss questions concerning those services and products. Results from the surveys will give insight into how NRC can make its services and products cost effective, efficient, and responsive to its customer needs. Each survey will be submitted to OMB for its review.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by June 16, 2000. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Erik Godwin, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 11th day of May 2000.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-12423 Filed 5-16-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P