Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
There will be a 3-day meeting of the Federal Insectide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) Scientific Advisory Panel (SAP) to review a set of issues being considered by the Agency pertaining to atrazine cancer and reproductive developmental hazard and dose response assessment. The meeting is open to the public. Seating at the meeting will be on a first-come basis. Individuals requiring special accommodations at this meeting, including wheelchair access, should contact Larry Dorsey at the address listed under “FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT” at least 5 business days prior to the meeeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The meeting will be held on June 27, 28, and 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The meeting will be held at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, 1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA. The telephone number for the Sheraton Hotel is (703) 486-1111.
Requests to participate may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit III. of the “SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.” To ensure proper receipt by EPA, your request must identify docket control number OPP-00664 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Larry Dorsey, Designated Federal Official (7101C), Office of Science Coordination and Policy, Environmental Protection Agency, Ariel Rios Bldg., 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (703) 305-5369; fax number: (703) 605-0656; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to those persons who are or may be required to conduct testing of chemical substances under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under “FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.” This 3-day meeting concerns several scientific issues undergoing consideration within the EPA Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP). The topics to be discussed include both the cancer and non-cancer hazard and dose-response assessment of atrazine.
Copies of the Panel's report of their recommendations will be available approximately 45 working days after the meeting, and will be posted on the FIFRA SAP web site or may be obtained by contacting the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB) at the address and telephone listed below under Unit II.2. of “SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.”
II. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. A meeting agenda and copies of EPA background documents for the meeting are available. You may obtain electronic copies of these documents, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the FIFRA/SAP Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/scipoly/sap/. To access this document, on the Home Page, select “Federal Register Notice Announcing This Meeting.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an administrative record for this meeting under docket control number OPP-00664. The administrative record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this notice, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to Atrazine: Hazard and Dose Response Assessment and Characterization, including any information claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI). This administrative record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the administrative record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments that may be submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2 (CM #2), 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
III. How Can I Request to Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting through the mail, in person, or electronically. Do not submit any information in your request that is considered CBI. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-00664 in the subject line on the first page of your request. Members of the public wishing to submit comments should contact the persons listed under “FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT” to confirm that the meeting date and agenda have not been modified or changed.
Interested persons are permitted to file written statements before the meeting. To the extent that time permits, and upon advanced written request to the persons listed under “FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT,” interested persons may be permitted by the Chair of the FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel to present oral statements at the meeting. The request should identify the name of the individual making the presentation, the Start Printed Page 36134organization (if any) the individual will represent, and any requirements for audiovisual equipment (e.g., overhead projector, 35mm projector, chalkboard, etc.) There is no limit on the length of written comments for consideration by the Panel, but oral statements before the Panel are limited to approximately 5 minutes. The Agency also urges the public to submit written comments in lieu of oral presentations. Persons wishing to make oral or written statements at the meeting should contact the persons listed under “FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT” and submit 30 copies of their presentation and/or remarks to the Panel. The Agency encourages that written statements be submitted before the meeting to provide Panel Members the time necessary to consider and review the comments.
1. By mail. You may submit a request to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Ariel Rios Bldg., 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. 119, CM #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your request electronically by e-mail to: “firstname.lastname@example.org.” Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Use WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format and avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Be sure to identify by docket control number OPP-00664. You may also file a request online at many Federal Depository Libraries.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
Dated: June 2, 2000.
Director, Office of Science Coordination and Policy.
[FR Doc. 00-14420 Filed 6-6-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-F