Energy Information Administration, Department of Energy.
Submission for OMB review; comment request.
The Energy Information Administration (EIA) has submitted the energy information collection listed at the end of this notice to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and three-year extension under sections 3507(h)(1) and 3506(c) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13).
Each entry contains the following information: (1) The collection number and title; (2) a summary of the collection of information (includes the sponsor which is the Department of Energy component), current OMB document number (if applicable), type of request (new, revision, extension, or reinstatement), response obligation (mandatory, voluntary, or required to obtain or retain benefits), (3) a description of the need and proposed use of the information; (4) a description of the likely respondents; and (5) an estimate of the total annual reporting burden (i.e., the estimated number of likely respondents times the proposed frequency of response per year times the average hours per response).
Comments must be filed within 30 days of publication of this notice. If you anticipate that you will be submitting comments but find it difficult to do so within the time allowed by this notice, you should advise the OMB DOE Desk Officer listed below of your intention to do so as soon as possible. The OMB DOE Desk Officer may be telephoned at (202) 395-3084. (Also, please notify the EIA contact listed below.)
Address comments to the Department of Energy Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 726 Jackson Place NW, Washington, DC 20503. (Comments should also be addressed to the Statistics and Methods Group at the address below.)Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information should be directed to Herbert Miller, Statistics and Methods Group, (EI-70), Forrestal Building, U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, DC 20585-0670. Mr. Miller may be contacted by telephone at (202) 426-1103, FAX at (202) 426-1081, or e-mail at Herbert.Miller@eia.doe.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The energy information collection submitted to OMB for review was:
1. DOE-887, “DOE Customer Surveys.”
2. Department of Energy; OMB No. 1901-0302; Three-year extension of currently approved collection; Voluntary
3. DOE-887 will be used to contact users and beneficiaries of DOE products or other services to determine how the Department can better improve its services to meet their needs. Information is needed to make the Department's products more effective, efficient, and responsive and at a lesser cost. Respondents will be users and beneficiaries of the Department's products and services.
4. Individuals or households; Business or other for-profit; Not-for-profit institutions; Farms; Federal Government; State, Local or Tribal Government.
5. 12,500 hours (.25 hrs. per response × 1 response per year × 50,000 respondents).Start Signature
Issued in Washington, D.C., June 5, 2000.
Jay H. Casselberry,
Agency Clearance Officer, Statistics and Methods Group, Energy Information Administration.
[FR Doc. 00-15125 Filed 6-14-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P