This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Bureau of Land Management, Winnemucca Field Office, Nevada.
Notice to the Public of Fire Restrictions on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management, Winnemucca Field Office, Nevada.
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to 43 CFR 9212.2, the following acts are prohibited on all public land areas, roads, and trails located within and administered by the Winnemucca Field Office, until further notice.
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, except a portable stove using gas, jellied petroleum, or pressurized liquid fuel, outside of a developed recreation site.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or at a developed recreation site.
3. Welding or operating an acetylene torch with open flames, except by permit.
4. Using or causing to be used any explosives, except by permit.
5. Firing a tracer or incendiary device, e.g., fireworks.
Pursuant to 43 CFR 9212.2, each of the following persons is exempt from this order.
1. Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Title 43 CFR 9212.4 provides that any person who knowingly and willfully performs any act restricted by a fire prevention order, is punishable by imprisonment of not more than 12 months or a fine in accordance with the applicable provisions of 18 USC 3571, or both. Prepared in Winnemucca, Nevada, this 13th day of July 2000.
Effective July 13, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Don Tienhaara at the Bureau of Land Management, 5100 E. Winnemucca Blvd., Winnemucca NV 89445, (775) 623-1500.Start Signature
Dated: July 17, 2000.
Michael R. Holbert,
Associate Field Manager, Winnemucca.
[FR Doc. 00-19065 Filed 7-27-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-HC-P