Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension. Start Printed Page 47806
2. The title of the information collection: Applicant Self-Assessment Form.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 563.
4. How often the collection is required: Once, upon application for employment.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Basically qualified external applicants applying for engineering and scientific positions with the NRC.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1,200.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1,200.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 100 hours (five minutes per response).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: The Applicant Self-Assessment will be used to collect uniform information from external applicants as to which technical specialties they possess that are unique to the needs of the NRC. This information will be reviewed by the Office of Human Resources staff and used to match applicants technical specialties with those required by selecting officials when an engineering or scientific vacancy position is to be filled.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, 2120 L Street, NW. (lower level), Washington, DC. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 5, 2000. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Erik Godwin, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0177), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of July 2000.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 00-19621 Filed 8-2-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P