Coast Guard, DOT.
Notice of meetings.
The National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee (NOSAC) and its Subcommittee on Deepwater Activities will meet to discuss various issues relating to offshore safety. Both meetings will be open to the public.
NOSAC will meet on Thursday, November 2, 2000, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Subcommittee on Deepwater Activities will meet on Wednesday, November 1, 2000, from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. These meetings may close early if all business is finished. Written material and requests to make oral presentations should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 19, 2000. Requests to have a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 19, 2000.
NOSAC will meet in the North Ballroom, of Brady's Landing, 8505 Cypress Street, Houston, Texas (located close to the Turning Basin of the Port of Houston). The Subcommittee on Deepwater Activities will meet in the Sam Houston Room at the same address. Send written material and requests to make oral presentations to Captain P. A. Richardson, Commandant (G-MSO), U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, 2100 Second Street SW., Washington, DC 20593-0001. This notice is available on the Internet at http://dms.dot.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Captain P. A. Richardson, Executive Director of NOSAC, or Mr. Jim Magill, Assistant to the Executive Director, telephone 202-267-0214, fax 202-267-4570.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of these meetings is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App. 2.
Agenda of Meetings
National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee. The agenda includes the following:
(1) Report on development and implementation of STCW Convention for OSVs.
(2) Report from the Prevention Through People Subcommittee on Adequacy of “12-hour Rule.”
(3) Report on issues concerning the International Maritime Organization and the International Organization of Standardization.
(4) Status report from Incident Reporting Subcommittee.
(5) Progress report from the Subcommittee on Pipeline-Free Anchorages.
(6) Status reports on revision of 33 CFR chapter I, subchapter N, Outer Continental Shelf Regulations, and new regulations for large offshore supply vessels and crewboats, 46 CFR chapter I, subchapter L.
(7) Report on the USCG/MMS Memorandum of Understanding.
(8) Progress report from Subcommittee on Deepwater Activities.
Subcommittee on Deepwater Activities. The agenda includes the following:
(1) Review and discuss Task Statement.
(2) Proposed work for next 6 months.
Both meetings are open to the public. Please note that the meetings may close early if all business is finished. At the Chair's discretion, members of the public may make oral presentations during the meetings. If you would like to make an oral presentation at a meeting, please notify the Executive Director no later than October 19, 2000. Written material for distribution at a meeting should reach the Coast Guard no later than October 19, 2000. If you would like a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee or subcommittee in advance of the meeting, please submit 25 copies to the Executive Director no later than October 19, 2000.
Information on Services for Individuals with Disabilities
For information on facilities or services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance at the meetings, contact the Executive Director as soon as possible.Start Signature
Dated: August 14, 2000.
Joseph J. Angelo,
Director of Standards, Marine Safety and Environmental Protection.
[FR Doc. 00-21418 Filed 8-22-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-U