National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This is a final rule amending the NASA Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (NFS) to conform to changes made in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) by Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 97-19 and make editorial corrections and miscellaneous changes dealing with NASA internal and administrative matters.
October 3, 2000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Celeste Dalton, Code HK, (202) 358-1645, e-mail: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 97-19 replaced the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). Additionally, FAC 97-19 amended the title to section 7.107, revised subpart 11.5, and amended section 43.205. This final rule amends the NASA FAR Supplement (NFS) to conform to these changes. Changes unrelated to FAC 97-19 are made to: update references to internal documents; revise the dollar threshold for use of Government bills of lading at 1852.247-73; revise the instructions for amending the clause at 1852.242-70 when its Alternate II is used; and make a technical correction at 1819.202.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
NASA certifies that this final rule does not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small business entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act (5 U.S.C. 601, et seq.), because it does not impose new requirements on offerors or contractors.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the changes to the NFS do not impose any recordkeeping or information collection requirements, or collection of information from offerors, contractors, or members of the public that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 1807, 1811, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1819, 1834, 1843, 1845, and 1852End List of Subjects Start Signature
Thomas S. Luedtke,
Associate Administrator for Procurement.
Accordingly, 48 CFR Parts 1807, 1811, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1819, 1834, 1843, 1845, and 1852 are amended as follows:Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1807—ACQUISITION PLANNINGEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Revise the section heading at 1807.107 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
PART 1811—DESCRIBING AGENCY NEEDSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. Revise subpart 1811.5 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Subpart 1811.5—Liquidated Damages
(d) The procurement officer must forward recommendations concerning remission of liquidated damages to the Headquarters Office of Procurement (Code HS).
PART 1815—CONTRACTING BY NEGOTIATION
4. Amend section 1815.7001 by removing the words “Procurement Guidance” and adding the wordsEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1816—TYPES OF CONTRACTS
5. Amend paragraphs (g)(2) and (g)(4) of section 1816.405-274, by removing the acronym “SIC” and adding “NAICS” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1817—SPECIAL CONTRACTING METHODS
6. In section 1817.7101, amend paragraph (b) by removing the acronym “NHB” and adding “NPG” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1819—SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS
7. Remove section 1819.202-1.End Amendment Part
8. Amend paragraph (f)(1) of section 1819.201 by removing the acronym “SIC” and adding “NAICS” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
9. Revise section 1819.1005 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(b) The targeted industry categories for NASA and their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes are:
|NAICS code||Industry category|
|334111||Electronic Computer Manufacturing.|
|334418||Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing.|
|334613||Magnetic and Optical Recording Media Manufacturing.|
|334119||Other Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing.|
|33422||Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communication Equipment Manufacturing.|
|336415||Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Propulsion Unit and Propulsion Unit Parts Manufacturing.|
|54171||Research and Development in the Physical Engineering and Life Sciences.|
|336419||Other Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Parts and Auxiliary Equipment Manufacturing.|
|334511||Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical Systems and Instrument Manufacturing.|
|333314||Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing.|
|541511||Custom Computer Programming Services.|
|541512||Computer Systems Design Services.|
|51421||Data Processing Services.|
|541519||Other Computer Related Services.|
10. Amend paragraph (b)(1) of section 1819.7208 by removing the acronym “SIC” and adding “NAICS” in its place.End Amendment Part
11. Amend paragraphs (a)(1) and (a)(2) of section 1819.7209 by removing the acronym “SIC” and adding “NAICS” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1834—MAJOR SYSTEM ACQUISITIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
12. Revise section 1834.003 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) NASA's implementation of OMB Circular No. A-109, Major System Acquisition, and FAR Part 34 is contained in this part and in NASA Policy Directive (NPD) 7120.4, “Program/Project Management,” and NASA Procedures and Guidelines (NPG) 7120.5, “ NASA Program and Project Management Processes and Requirements”.
PART 1843—CONTRACT MODIFICATIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
13. Revise section 1843.205 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As authorized in the prefaces of clauses FAR 52.243-1, Changes—Fixed Price; FAR 52.243-2, Changes—Cost Reimbursement; and FAR 52.243-4, Changes; and in the prescription at 43.205(c) for FAR 52.243-3, Changes—Time-and-Material or Labor-Hours, the period within which a contractor must assert its right to an equitable adjustment may be varied not to exceed 60 calendar days.
PART 1845—GOVERNMENT PROPERTYEnd Part
14. In section 1845.608-1, amend paragraph (a) by removing the acronym “NHB” and adding “NPG” in its place.End Amendment Part
15. Amend section 1845.610-4 by removing the acronym “NHB” and adding “NPG” in its place.End Amendment Part
16. Amend section 1845.613 by removing the acronym “NHB” and adding “NPG” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1852—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSESEnd Part Start Amendment Part
17. In ALTERNATE II to the clause at section 1852.242-72, revise the introductory text to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As prescribed in 1842.7001(c), add the following as paragraphs (e) and (f) if Alternate I is used, or as paragraphs (c) and (d) if Alternate I is not used. If added as paragraphs (c) and (d), amend the first sentence of paragraph (d) by deleting “(e)” and adding “(c)” in its place.
18. In section 1852.247-73, amend paragraphs (a) and (b) by removing “$100” and adding “$1,000” in its place.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 00-25248 Filed 10-2-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-01-P