Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Extension of a currently approved collection; Certification of Identity.
The Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 4, 2000.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Patricia D. Harris, at 301-436-1018 or write to FOIA/PA Coordinator, Mail Management Services, Facilities and Administrative Services Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 10th and Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Overview of This Collection
(1) The type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Certification of Identity.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form: DOJ-361. Facilities and Administrative Services Staff, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. The information collection will be used by the Department to identify individuals requesting certain records under the Privacy Act. Without this form an individual cannot obtain the information requested.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 21,000 respondents at 15 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 5,250 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1220, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 27, 2000.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 00-25342 Filed 10-2-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-26-M