In accordance with section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the following committee meeting.
Name: Board of Scientific Counselors, National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID).
Times and Dates: 9 a.m.-5:45 p.m., December 7, 2000, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., December 8, 2000.
Place: CDC, Roybal Building 17 Conference Room, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30333.
Status: Open to the public, limited only by the space available.
Purpose: The Board of Scientific Counselors, NCID, provides advice and guidance to the Director, CDC, and Director, NCID, in the following areas: program goals and objectives; strategies; program organization and resources for infectious disease prevention and control; and program priorities.
Matters to be Discussed: Agenda items will include:
1. Opening Session: NCID Update
2. CDC Facilities Master Plan, Fort Collins, Colorado
3. Program Update: Patient Safety and Quality Care
4. Issue Updates
a. NCID Research Agenda
b. Planning and Communication Strategies
c. Global Infectious Disease Strategic Plan
5. Tour of Roybal Building 17
6. Breakout groups on Issue Updates (Item 4, a-c above)
7. Program Update: West Nile Virus
8. Breakout Group Report/Discussion: NCID Research Agenda
9. Breakout Group Report/Discussion: Planning and Communication Strategies
10. Breakout Group Report/Discussion: Global Infectious Disease Strategic Plan
11. Late Breakers: Scientific Outbreak Reports
12. Discussions and Recommendations
Other agenda items include announcements/introductions; follow-up on actions recommended by the Board May 2000; consideration of future directions, goals, and recommendations.
Agenda items are subject to change as priorities dictate.
Written comments are welcome and should be received by the contact person listed below prior to the opening of the meeting.Start Further Info
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Diane S. Holley, Office of the Director, NCID, CDC, Mailstop C-20, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, email firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone 404/639-0078.
The Director, Management Analysis and Services office has been delegated the authority to sign Federal Register notices pertaining to announcements of meetings and other committee management activities, for both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.Start Signature
Dated: November 6, 2000.
Carolyn J. Russell,
Management Analysis and Services Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
[FR Doc. 00-28898 Filed 11-9-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4163-18-P