Notice of information collection under review; New Collection.
National Business Survey on White Collar Crime
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance, National White Collar Crime (NWCCC), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Office of Management and Budget approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on July 18, 2000 (Volume 65, 44546), allowing for a 60-day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment until December 13, 2000. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Suite 1220, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and/or suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical or other technology collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g. permitting electronic submission of responses).
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: National Business Survey on White Collar Crime.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form = None. National White Collar Crime Center (NWCCC), Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief Start Printed Page 67763abstract: Primary: United States businesses. Other: None. The NWCCC Training and Research Institute anticipates conducting a national survey of professional business persons and their perceptions of white collar crime. Particular areas of interest include victimization, perpetration, prevention measures, cyber-crime, and general demographics.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1070 respondents at 25 minutes per mail survey.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 450 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need copies of the proposed information collection instruments with instructions, or additional information, please contact: Mrs. Brenda Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1220, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington.Start Signature
Dated: November 2, 2000.
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 00-29002 Filed 11-9-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M