The companies listed in this notice have applied to the Board for approval, pursuant to the Bank Holding Company Start Printed Page 69019Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.) (BHC Act), Regulation Y (12 CFR Part 225), and all other applicable statutes and regulations to become a bank holding company and/or to acquire the assets or the ownership of, control of, or the power to vote shares of a bank or bank holding company and all of the banks and nonbanking companies owned by the bank holding company, including the companies listed below.
The applications listed below, as well as other related filings required by the Board, are available for immediate inspection at the Federal Reserve Bank indicated. The application also will be available for inspection at the offices of the Board of Governors. Interested persons may express their views in writing on the standards enumerated in the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1842(c)). If the proposal also involves the acquisition of a nonbanking company, the review also includes whether the acquisition of the nonbanking company complies with the standards in section 4 of the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1843). Unless otherwise noted, nonbanking activities will be conducted throughout the United States. Additional information on all bank holding companies may be obtained from the National Information Center website at www.ffiec.gov/nic/.
Unless otherwise noted, comments regarding each of these applications must be received at the Reserve Bank indicated or the offices of the Board of Governors not later than December 11, 2000.
A. Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Richard Walker, Community Affairs Officer), 600 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02106-2204:
1. FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts; to merge with and acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of Summit Bancorp, Princeton, New Jersey, and thereby indirectly acquire Summit Bank, Hackensack, New Jersey; Summit Bank, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; and Summit Bank, Norwalk, Connecticut.
B. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (D. Michael Manies, Assistant Vice President), 925 Grand Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64198-0001:
1. Sooner Southwest Bankshares, Inc., Tulsa, Oklahoma; to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of The First National Bancorporation of Heavener, Inc., Heavener, Oklahoma, and thereby indirectly acquire First National Bank, Heavener, Oklahoma.
2. Heritage Group, Inc., Aurora, Nebraska; to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of Heritage Bank, N.A., Doniphan, Nebraska, a de novo bank.
C. Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (W. Arthur Tribble, Vice President), 2200 North Pearl Street, Dallas, Texas 75201-2272:
1. Mason National Bancshares, Inc., Mason, Texas, and Mason National Bancshares of Nevada, Inc., Carson City, Nevada; to become bank holding companies by acquiring Mason National Bank, Mason, Texas.
2. Shelby Bancshares, Inc., Center, Texas, and Shelby Bancshares of Nevada, Inc., Carson City, Nevada; to become bank holding companies by acquiring Shelby Savings Bank, SSB, Center, Texas.Start Signature
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, November 8, 2000.
Robert deV. Frierson,
Associate Secretary of the Board.
[FR Doc. 00-29169 Filed 11-14-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6210-01-P