Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Section 5 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) requires any person who intends to manufacture (defined by statute to include import) a new chemical (i.e., a chemical not on the TSCA Inventory) to notify EPA and comply with the statutory provisions pertaining to the manufacture of new chemicals. Under sections 5(d)(2) and 5(d)(3) of TSCA, EPA is required to publish a notice of receipt of a premanufacture notice (PMN) or an application for a test marketing exemption (TME), and to publish Start Printed Page 9330periodic status reports on the chemicals under review and the receipt of notices of commencement to manufacture those chemicals. This status report, which covers the period from November 22, 2000 to December 6, 2000, consists of the PMNs pending or expired, and the notices of commencement to manufacture a new chemical that the Agency has received under TSCA section 5 during this time period. The “S” and “G” that precede the chemical names denote whether the chemical idenity is specific or generic.
Comments may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPPTS-51961 and the specific PMN number in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Barbara Cunningham, Director, Office of Program Management and Evaluation, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (7401), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460; telephone number: (202) 554-1404; e-mail address: TSCA-Hotline@epa.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. As such, the Agency has not attempted to describe the specific entities that this action may apply to. Although others may be affected, this action applies directly to the submitter of the premanufacture notices addressed in the action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain copies of this document and certain other available documents from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. On the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this action under docket control number OPPTS-51961. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, any test data submitted by the manufacturer/importer and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as confidential business information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the TSCA Nonconfidential Information Center, North East Mall Rm. B-607, Waterside Mall, 401 M St., SW., Washington, DC. The Center is open from noon to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number of the Center is (202) 260-7099.
C. How and to Whom Do I Submit Comments?
You may submit comments through the mail, in person, or electronically. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPPTS-51961 and the specific PMN number in the subject line on the first page of your response.
1. By mail. Submit your comments to: Document Control Office (7407), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Deliver your comments to: OPPT Document Control Office (DCO) in East Tower Rm. G-099, Waterside Mall, 401 M St., SW., Washington, DC. The DCO is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the DCO is (202) 260-7093.
3. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically by e-mail to: “firstname.lastname@example.org,” or mail your computer disk to the address identified in this unit. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Electronic comments must be submitted as an ASCII file avoiding the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Comments and data will also be accepted on standard disks in WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format. All comments in electronic form must be identified by docket control number OPPTS-51961 and the specific PMN number. Electronic comments may also be filed online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
D. How Should I Handle CBI that I Want to Submit to the Agency?
Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. You may claim information that you submit to EPA in response to this document as CBI by marking any part or all of that information as CBI. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes any information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public version of the official record. Information not marked confidential will be included in the public version of the official record without prior notice. If you have any questions about CBI or the procedures for claiming CBI, please consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
E. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?
You may find the following suggestions helpful for preparing your comments:
1. Explain your views as clearly as possible.
2. Describe any assumptions that you used.
3. Provide copies of any technical information and/or data you used that support your views.
4. If you estimate potential burden or costs, explain how you arrived at the estimate that you provide.
5. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns.
6. Offer alternative ways to improve the notice or collection activity.
7. Make sure to submit your comments by the deadline in this document.
8. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, be sure to identify the docket control number assigned to this action in the subject line on the first page of your response. You may also provide the name, date, and Federal Register citation.
II. Why is EPA Taking this Action?
Section 5 of TSCA requires any person who intends to manufacture (defined by statute to include import) a new chemical (i.e., a chemical not on the TSCA Inventory to notify EPA and Start Printed Page 9331comply with the statutory provisions pertaining to the manufacture of new chemicals. Under sections 5(d)(2) and 5(d)(3) of TSCA, EPA is required to publish a notice of receipt of a PMN or an application for a TME and to publish periodic status reports on the chemicals under review and the receipt of notices of commencement to manufacture those chemicals. This status report, which covers the period from November 22, 2000 to December 6, 2000, consists of the PMNs pending or expired, and the notices of commencement to manufacture a new chemical that the Agency has received under TSCA section 5 during this time period.
III. Receipt and Status Report for PMNs
This status report identifies the PMNs pending or expired, and the notices of commencement to manufacture a new chemical that the Agency has received under TSCA section 5 during this time period. If you are interested in information that is not included in the following tables, you may contact EPA as described in Unit II. to access additional non-CBI information that may be available. The “S” and “G” that precede the chemical names denote whether the chemical idenity is specific or generic.
In table I, EPA provides the following information (to the extent that such information is not claimed as CBI) on the PMNs received by EPA during this period: the EPA case number assigned to the PMN; the date the PMN was received by EPA; the projected end date for EPA's review of the PMN; the submitting manufacturer; the potential uses identified by the manufacturer in the PMN; and the chemical identity.
|Case No.||Received Date||Projected Notice End Date||Manufacturer/Importer||Use||Chemical|
|P-01-0134||11/22/00||02/20/01||3m company||(S) Moisture-curing hot melt adhesive||(G) Polyurethane prepolymer|
|P-01-0135||11/22/00||02/20/01||3m company||(S) Moisture-curing hot melt adhesive||(G) Polyester pre-polymer|
|P-01-0136||11/24/00||02/22/01||Sekisui america corporation||(S) Copier and printer toner||(S) 2-propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, 2-(dimethylamino)ethyl ester, polymer with butyl 2-propenoate, ethenylbenzene and methyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate, 2,2'-azobis[2-methylbutanenitrile]-initiated|
|P-01-0137||11/24/00||02/22/01||CBI||(G) Inorganic metallic compound for catalytic application||(G) Inorganic metallic salt|
|P-01-0138||11/24/00||02/22/01||CBI||(G) Additive, open, non-dispersive use||(G) Alkylolammonium salt of an acidic polymer|
|P-01-0139||11/24/00||02/22/01||CBI||(G) Additive, open, non-dispersive use||(G) N-alkyl modified polyisocyanate, reaction products with diamine|
|P-01-0140||11/27/00||02/25/01||Solutia Inc.||(S) Binder for industrial printing inks||(G) Modified natural resin|
|P-01-0141||11/27/00||02/25/01||CBI||(G) Component of foam||(G) Polyester polyol|
|P-01-0142||11/27/00||02/25/01||CBI||(G) Component of foam||(G) Polyester polyol|
|P-01-0143||11/28/00||02/26/01||Samsung information systems america||(G) Compound in color dispersion||(G) Acrylate copolymer|
|P-01-0144||11/28/00||02/26/01||CBI||(G) Organic stripper additive||(S) Propanamide, n-(2-hydroxyethyl)-3-methoxy-|
|P-01-0145||11/28/00||02/26/01||CBI||(S) Industrial maintenance coatings||(G) Toluene diisocyanate polyurethane prepolymer|
|P-01-0146||11/29/00||02/27/01||E.I. du pont de nemours & Company, Inc. (dupont)||(G) Intermediate||(G) Aliphatic amine salt of aromatic polyamic acid|
|P-01-0147||11/30/00||02/28/01||CBI||(G) Modifier for electronic material||(G) Epoxylated nitrile rubber|
|P-01-0148||12/04/00||03/04/01||Atofina chemicals, Inc.||(S) Oil and gas well fracturing fluid||(G) Styrene maleic anhydride copolymer, partial alkyl ester|
|P-01-0149||12/01/00||03/01/01||Rhodia, Inc.||(S) Component in surfactant/foaming agent for leather processing||(S) Sulfuric acid, mono-c9-11-alkyl esters, sodium salts;sulfuric acid, mono-c12-16-alkyl esters, sodium salts|
|P-01-0150||12/05/00||03/05/01||Aoc, llc||(S) A)polyester component for gelcoat resin for spray up of fiberglass reinforced & non-reinforced plastic parts b) polyester component for laminating of reinforced plastic parts c) polyester component for inorganic filled non-reinforced plastic parts||(S) 1,3-benzenedicarboxylic acid, polymer with 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol, 2-ethyl-2-(hydroxymethyl)-1,3-propanediol, 2,5-furandione and 1,2-propanediol, 2-ethylhexyl ester|
|P-01-0151||12/05/00||03/05/01||Ciba Specialty Chem. Corp., colors division||(G) Textile dye||(G) Cobaltate(5-), bis[4-[[6-[(substituted-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)amino]-1-hydroxy-3-sulfo-2-naphthalenyl]azo]-3-hydroxy-7-substituted-1-naphthalenesulfonato(4-)]-, pentasodium|
|P-01-0152||12/06/00||03/06/01||Esco Company Limited Partnership||(S) Color former intermediate||(G) 4-alkoxy-alkyl-substituted-diphenylamine|
|P-01-0153||12/06/00||03/06/01||CBI||(G) Chemical intermediate||(G) Hydrocarbyl zirconium substance|
|P-01-0154||12/06/00||03/06/01||CBI||(G) Catalyst||(G) Organic transition metal complex|
|Start Printed Page 9332|
|P-01-0155||12/06/00||03/06/01||CBI||(G) Catalyst||(G) Organic transition metal complex|
|P-01-0156||12/06/00||03/06/01||Reichhold, Inc.||(G) Adhesive||(G) Isocyanate functional polyether polyester urethane polymer|
In table II, EPA provides the following information (to the extent that such information is not claimed as CBI) on the Notices of Commencement to manufacture received:
|Case No.||Received Date||Commencement/Import Date||Chemical|
|P-00-0067||11/22/00||09/27/00||(G) Substituted alkyl heteropolycycle|
|P-00-0489||12/05/00||11/27/00||(G) Aqueous solution of polyamide-amine|
|P-00-0628||11/29/00||10/27/00||(G) Alkyl methacrylate copolymer|
|P-00-0683||11/24/00||11/03/00||(G) 2-propenoic acid, polymer with butyl 2-propenoate, n-(1,1-dimethyl-3-oxobutyl)-2-propenamide, 2-methoxy-2-substituted-ethyl 2-propenoate and methyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate|
|P-00-0691||11/27/00||11/13/00||(G) Modified polyamidecarboxylic acid|
|P-00-0704||11/27/00||11/09/00||(G) Alkyldiamine, reaction products with halogenated heterocycle, amino-hydroxy-sulfonatedpolycycle, and trisubstituted heterocycle, compd. with substituted alkanoic acid|
|P-00-0806||12/06/00||11/20/00||(G) 1,3,6-naphthalenetrisulfonic acid, 7-[[2-[(substituted)amino]-4-[[4-[[2-[2-[substituted]ethyl]amino]-6-fluoro-1,3,5-triazin-2- yl]amino]phenyl]azo]-, trisodium salt|
|P-00-0889||11/27/00||11/06/00||(S) Fatty acids, c16-18 and c18-unsatd., triesters with polyethylene-polypropylene glycol ether and glycerol|
|P-00-0890||12/05/00||11/15/00||(G) Cyclohexane, 1.1′methylenebis[4-isocyanato-polymer with 2-propenoic acid, 2-hydroxyethyl ester, 2-propenoic acid, 2-methyl-monoester with 1,2-propanediol, methyl oxirane and alkanol|
|P-00-0910||12/05/00||10/31/00||(G) Cresol-blocked isocyanate|
|P-00-0993||11/27/00||11/01/00||(G) Substituted 6,6′-(1-methylethylidene)bis[3,4-dihydro-3-phenyl,1,3-benzoxazine]|
|P-00-1017||12/06/00||11/16/00||(S) Cyclohexane, (ethenyloxy)-|
|P-00-1142||12/01/00||11/27/00||(G) Aliphatic methacrylate urethane oligomer|
|P-96-1086||11/27/00||11/06/00||(G) Organo silane ester|
|P-98-0509||12/05/00||11/21/00||(S) Propanoic acid, z-methyl-1,7,7-trimethylbicyclo [2.2.1] hept-yl ester, exo-|
|P-98-1261||11/29/00||11/10/00||(G) Acrylated urethane|
|P-99-0715||11/27/00||11/18/00||(G) Branched hydrogen-functional polydimethysiloxane|
|P-99-0785||11/27/00||11/09/00||(G) Aromatic polyester modified with an aliphatic epoxide|
|P-99-1075||12/04/00||11/21/00||(G) Cyclodecane ester|
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: January 9, 2001.
Deborah A. Williams,
Acting Director, Information Management Division, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics.
[FR Doc. 01-3167 Filed 2-6-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S