Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 4, “Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Commission Programs.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0053.
3. How often the collection is required: Occasionally.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance (Agreement States) provided by the NRC.
5. The number of annual respondents: Approximately 32.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 352 hours (96 hours reporting and 256 hours recordkeeping) or approximately 3 hours per response.
7. Abstract: Recipients of NRC financial assistance provide data to demonstrate assurance to NRC that they are in compliance with nondiscrimination regulations and policies.
Submit, by April 16, 2001, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at BJS1@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 8th day of February, 2001.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 01-3740 Filed 2-13-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P