Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a preclearance consultation program to provide the general public and Federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program Start Printed Page 27947helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed. This form is available in alternate formats. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY/TDD) may call (202) 606-5256 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning the revision of its AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report (OMB Control Number 3045-0043, with an expiration date of 07/31/2000). Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed below in the ADDRESSES section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the office listed in the ADDRESSES section by July 20, 2001.
Send comments to the Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps*VISTA, Attn: Robert L. Bush, 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, D.C., 20525.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Robert L. Bush, (202) 606-5000, ext. 338, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
The Corporation proposes to distribute the AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report form to AmeriCorps*VISTA sponsoring organizations upon project approval. Sponsoring organizations are required to submit a completed form to the Corporation on a quarterly basis. Corporation personnel will use the form to track project accomplishments, problems, resources generated, project sustainability, and support provided to AmeriCorps*VISTA members. Information from the form is also used to fulfill requests for substantive project information. The purpose of the form is to evaluate a sponsor's progress towards meeting project goals and objectives, assess risk, and document qualitative and quantitative information about project accomplishments for a given reporting period.
The Corporation proposes to revise the AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report by deleting unused information from the existing version of the form, incorporating plain language, and collecting the following project information:
- Activities that contribute to building permanent infrastructure.
- Outcomes that demonstrate helping people out of poverty.
- The Corporation also proposes to revise the AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report by requesting the “e-mail address” of project supervisors to provide a more inexpensive and faster way to communicate and share information.
Further, the Corporation proposes to revise the AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report by asking sponsoring organizations if they have technical assistance needs.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps*VISTA Project Progress Report.
OMB Number: 3045-0043.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: AmeriCorps*VISTA sponsoring organizations, site supervisors, and members.
Total Respondents: 1,200.
Frequency: Quarterly, with exceptions.
Average Time Per Response: 3 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 3,600 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: May 14, 2001.
Matt B. Dunne,
[FR Doc. 01-12675 Filed 5-18-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P