Notice of information collection under review; new collection census of tribal justice agencies.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, bureau of Justice Statistics, has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until July 30, 2001.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Ellen Wesley, (202) 616-3558, Office of Budget and Management Services, Office of Justice programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions for the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address on or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Census of Tribal Justice Agencies.
(3) The Agency Form Number, if any, and the Applicable Component of the Department Sponsoring the Collection: The form number is CTJA01, Bureau of Justice Statistics, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected Public who will be asked or Required to Respond, as well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Tribal Government.
(5) An Estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time Estimated for an Average Respondent to Respond/Reply: It is estimated that 556 respondents will complete a 20 minute survey for CTJA01.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in hours) Associated with the Collection: The total hour burden to complete the survey is 185 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1220, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania, NW, Washington, DC 20530, or via facsimile at (202) 514-1534.Start Signature
Dated: May 25, 2001.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-13670 Filed 5-30-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M