Notice of information collection under review; revision of a currently approved collection; Victims of Crime Act, Victim Compensation Grant Program, State Performance Report.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Office of Management and Budget approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on March 21, 2001, Volume 66, page 15899, allowing for a 60-day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment until August 16, 2001. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;Start Printed Page 37243
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information
(1) Type of information collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Victims of Crime Act, Victim Compensation Grant Program, State Performance Report.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The OJP Administration form number is 7390/6. Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State government. Other: None.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 53 respondents to complete an annual report in 2 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 106 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1200, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530, or via facsimile at (202) 514-1590.Start Signature
Dated: June 29, 2001.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-17772 Filed 7-16-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M