Energy Information Administration (EIA), Department of Energy (DOE).
Agency information collection activities: Submission for OMB review; comment request.
The EIA has submitted the energy information collections listed at the end of this notice to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and a three-year extension under section 3507(h)(1) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13) (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.).
Comments must be filed on or before August 29, 2001. If you anticipate that you will be submitting comments but find it difficult to do so within that period, you should contact the OMB Desk Officer for DOE listed below as soon as possible.
Send comments to the OMB Desk Officer for DOE, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 726 Jackson Place NW., Washington, DC 20503. The OMB DOE Desk Officer may be telephoned at (202) 395-7318. (A copy of your comments should also be provided to EIA's Statistics and Methods Group at the address below.)Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information should be directed to Grace Sutherland, Statistics and Methods Group (EI-70), Forrestal Building, U.S. Department of Start Printed Page 39310Energy, Washington, DC 20585-0670. Mrs. Sutherland may be contacted by telephone at (202) 287-1712, FAX at (202) 287-1705, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This section contains the following information about the energy information collection submitted to OMB for review: (1) The collection numbers and title; (2) the sponsor (i.e., the Department of Energy component); (3) the current OMB docket number (if applicable); (4) the type of request (i.e, new, revision, extension, or reinstatement); (5) response obligation (i.e., mandatory, voluntary, or required to obtain or retain benefits); (6) a description of the need for and proposed use of the information; (7) a categorical description of the likely respondents; and (8) an estimate of the total annual reporting burden (i.e., the estimated number of likely respondents times the proposed frequency of response per year times the average hours per response).
1. Forms EIA-63A, “Annual Solar Thermal Collector Manufacturers Survey” and EIA-63B, “Annual Photovoltaic Module/Cell Manufacturers Survey.”
2. Energy Information Administration.
3. OMB Number 1905-0196.
4. Extension and three-year approval requested.
6. EIA's Forms EIA-63A and EIA-63B collect data on the manufacture, shipment, and importation of solar thermal collectors and photovoltaic modules/cells. The data are used by the private sector, the renewable energy industry, the DOE, and other government agencies. Respondents are U. S. companies that manufactured, shipped, and/or imported solar thermal collectors and/or photovoltaic modules and cells.
7. Business or other for-profit.
8. 330 hours (110 respondents × 1 responses per year × 3 hours per response).Start Signature
Issued in Washington, D.C., July 23, 2001.
Nancy J. Kirkendall,
Acting Director, Statistics and Methods Group, Energy Information Administration.
[FR Doc. 01-18877 Filed 7-27-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P