Departmental Offices, Treasury.
Notice of meeting.
This notice announces the date, time, and location for the quarterly meeting of the Treasury Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations (COAC), and the provisional agenda for consideration by the Committee.
The next meeting of the Treasury Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of the U.S. Customs Service will be held on Friday, September 14, 2001 at 9:00 a.m. in Detroit, MI. The duration of the meeting will be approximately four hours.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Gordana S. Earp, Deputy Director, Tariff and Trade Affairs (Enforcement), Office of the Under Secretary (Enforcement), Telephone: (202) 622-0336. Start Printed Page 45077
At this meeting, the Advisory Committee is expected to pursue the following agenda. The agenda may be modified prior to the meeting.
(1) Merchandise Processing Fee
(2) Office of Rules & Regulations—Ruling Backlog
(3) Compliance Assessment Team Program
(4) Import Data & Customs Entry Issues: including ACE (Automated Commercial Environment) development; impact of bill S.1214; “Port and Maritime Security Act of 20017”; Study on Entry Procedures and Data Requirements
(5) Update on Other Customs MattersEnd Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The meeting is open to the public; however, participation in the Committee's deliberations is limited to Committee members, Customs and Treasury Department staff, and persons invited to attend the meeting for special presentations. A person other than an Advisory Committee member who wishes to attend the meeting should contact Theresa Manning at (202) 622-0220 or Helen Belt at (202) 622-0230.Start Signature
Dated: August 21, 2001.
Timothy E. Skud,
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary, Regulatory, Tariff, and Trade (Enforcement).
[FR Doc. 01-21513 Filed 8-24-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-25-P