Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register pesticide products containing new active ingredients not included in any previously registered products pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(4) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.
Written comments, identified by the docket control number OPP-30513, must be received on or before October 19, 2001.
Comments may be submitted by mail, electronically, or in person. Please follow the detailed instructions for each method as provided in Unit I. of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-30513 in the subject line on the first page of your response.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Regulatory Action Leader, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (7511C), listed in the table below:
|Regulatory Action Leader||Telephone number/e-mail address||Mailing address||File symbol|
|Shanaz Bacchus||(703) 308-8097; firstname.lastname@example.org||Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (7511C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC 20460||70464-U|
|Carol Frazer||(703) 308-8810; email@example.com||Do.||70515-E and 70515-R|
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected categories and entities may include, but are not limited to:
|Categories||NAICS||Examples of Potentially Affected Entities|
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in the table could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether or not this action might apply to certain entities. If you have questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Additional Information, Including Copies of this Document and Other Related Documents?
1. Electronically. You may obtain electronic copies of this document, and certain other related documents that might be available electronically, from the EPA Internet Home Page at http://www.epa.gov/. To access this document, on the Home Page select “Laws and Regulations,” “Regulations and Proposed Rules,” and then look up the entry for this document under the “Federal Register—Environmental Documents.” You can also go directly to the Federal Register listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
2. In person. The Agency has established an official record for this action under docket control number OPP-30513. The official record consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received during an applicable comment period, and other information related to this action, including any information claimed as confidential business information (CBI). This official record includes the documents that are physically located in the docket, as well as the documents that are referenced in those documents. The public version of the official record does not include any information claimed as CBI. The public version of the official record, which includes printed, paper versions of any electronic comments submitted during an applicable comment period, is available for inspection in the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
C. How and to Whom Do I Submit Comments?
You may submit comments through the mail, in person, or electronically. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, it is imperative that you identify docket control number OPP-30513 in the subject line on the first page of your response.
1. By mail. Submit your comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460.
2. In person or by courier. Deliver your comments to: Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Start Printed Page 48257Protection Agency, Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA. The PIRIB is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The PIRIB telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
3. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can submit a computer disk as described above. Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. Avoid the use of special characters and any form of encryption. Electronic submissions will be accepted in WordPerfect 6.1/8.0 or ASCII file format. All comments in electronic form must be identified by docket control number OPP-30513. Electronic comments may also be filed online at many Federal Depository Libraries.
D. How Should I Handle CBI that I Want to Submit to the Agency?
Do not submit any information electronically that you consider to be CBI. You may claim information that you submit to EPA in response to this document as CBI by marking any part or all of that information as CBI. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes any information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public version of the official record. Information not marked confidential will be included in the public version of the official record without prior notice. If you have any questions about CBI or the procedures for claiming CBI, please consult the person identified under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
E. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?
You may find the following suggestions helpful for preparing your comments:
1. Explain your views as clearly as possible.
2. Describe any assumptions that you used.
3. Provide copies of any technical information and/or data you used that support your views.
4. If you estimate potential burden or costs, explain how you arrived at the estimate that you provide.
5. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns.
6. Offer alternative ways to improve the registration activity.
7. Make sure to submit your comments by the deadline in this notice.
8. To ensure proper receipt by EPA, be sure to identify the docket control number assigned to this action in the subject line on the first page of your response. You may also provide the name, date, and Federal Register citation.
II. Registration Applications
EPA received applications as follows to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any previously registered products pursuant to the provision of section 3(c)(4) of FIFRA. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on the applications.
1. File symbol: 70464-U. Applicant: SafeScience, Inc., 31 St. James Avenue, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02116 represented by Dr. Bruce Jaeger, Health and Environment International, Ltd., 2851 South Haven Road, Annapolis, MD 21401. Product name: Healthy IndoorsTM Brand, Ant and Cockroach Bait Stations. Product type: Insecticide. Active ingredient: Beauveria bassiana strain 447 at 10%. Proposed classification/Use: Used in a bait station for indoor microbiological control of fireants and cockroach. The active ingredient is a naturally occurring entomopathogenic fungus, which was isolated in Florida. The registrant claims that the pesticide is to be packaged in childproof bait traps. The fungus controls target insect pests, by growing on the chitinous exoskeleton and secreting enzymes into the insects, which are ultimately killed. This is the first proposed indoor use of Beauveria bassiana. --
2. File symbol: 70515-E. Applicant: J P BioRegulators, Inc., now known as Nutra-Park Inc., Suite 125, 3230 Deming Way, Middleton, WI 53562. Product name: LPE E94T. Product type: Growth regulator. Active ingredient: Lysophosphatidylethanolamine (LPE) at 94%. Proposed classification/Use: Manufacturing use only product for incorporation into end-use products intended for application to agricultural commodities and ornamentals.
3. File symbol: 70515-R. Applicant: J P BioRegulators, Inc., now known as Nutra-Park Inc., Suite 125, 3230 Deming Way, Middleton, WI 53562. Product name: LPE-94 20% Aqueous. Product type: Growth regulator. Active ingredient: Lysophosphatidylethanolamine (LPE) at 20%. Proposed classification/use: Enhances fruit ripening and shelf life of fruits, flowers and vegetables, an end-use product from the above manufacturing use product.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pest
Dated: September 4, 2001.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 01-23090 Filed 9-18-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S