60-day Notice of information collection under review: extension of a currently approved collection; Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration—DEA Form 236.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until November 19, 2001. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Patricia Good, 202-307-7297, Chief, Policy and Liaison Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency/component, Start Printed Page 48275including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies/components estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration—DEA Form 236.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form No.: DEA Form 236. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to response, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. DEA-236 provides the DEA with control measures over the importation and exportation of controlled substances as required by both domestic and international drug control laws. Affected public consists of businesses or other for profit organizations.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 358 respondents, 2684 responses per year with an average 30 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,432 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20004.Start Signature
Dated: September 13, 2001.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 01-23273 Filed 9-18-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M