Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to remove references to a cancelled military standard that prescribed a format for preparation of engineering change proposals.
October 1, 2001.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Susan Schneider, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-0326; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2001-D001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This final rule removes the clauses at DFARS 252.243-7000, Engineering Change Proposals, and 252.248-7000, Preparation of Value Engineering Change Proposals, and the corresponding clause prescriptions at DFARS 243.205-70 and 248.270. DoD used these clauses to require submission of engineering change proposals in the format prescribed by MIL-STD-973, Configuration Management. MIS-STD-973 was cancelled without replacement on September 20, 2000. Therefore, this final rule removes the clauses that were based on the requirements of MIL-STD-973. General policy regarding engineering change proposals is removed from DFARS 243.205-70 to a more appropriate location at 243.204-71.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
This final rule does not constitute a significant revision within the meaning of FAR 1.501 and Public Law 98-577 and publication for public comment is not required. However, DoD will consider comments from small entities concerning the affected DFARS subparts in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 610. Such comments should cite DFARS Case 2001-D001.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 243, 248, and 252
- Government procurement
Michele P. Peterson,
Executive Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council.
Therefore, 48 CFR parts 243, 248, and 252 are amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR parts 243, 248, and 252 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 243—CONTRACT MODIFICATIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 243.204-71 is added to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Engineering changes can originate with either the contractor or the Government. In either case, the Government will need detailed information from the contractor for evaluation of the technical, cost, and schedule effects of implementing the change.
3. Section 243.205-70 is removed.End Amendment Part
4. Section 243.205-71 is redesignated as 243.205-70.End Amendment Part
5. Section 243.205-72 is redesignated as 243.205-71.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 248—[REMOVED]End Part Start Amendment Part
6. Part 248 is removed.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 252—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSES
7. Section 252.243-7000 is removed and reserved.End Amendment Part
8. Section 252.243-7001 is amended in the introductory text by removing “243.205-71” and adding in its place “243.205-70”.End Amendment Part
9. Section 252.243-7002 is amended in the introductory text by removing “243.205-72” and adding in its place “243.205-71”.End Amendment Part
10. Section 252.243-7000 is removed.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 01-24387 Filed 9-28-01; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5000-04-M