U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: NUREG/BR-0238, Materials Annual Fee Billing Handbook, NRC Form 628, “Financial EDI Authorization”, NUREG/BR-0254, Payment Methods, NRC Form 629, “Authorization for Payment by Credit Card”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 628, “Financial EDI Authorization”, NRC Form 629, “Authorization for Payment by Credit Card”.
4. How often the collection is required: Annually.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Anyone doing business with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission including licensees, applicants and individuals who are required to pay a fee for inspections and licenses.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 530 (50 for NRC Form 628 and 480 for NRC Form 629 and NUREG/BR-0254).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 530 (50 for the NRC Form 628 and 480 for NRC Form 629 and NUREG/BR-0254).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 42 (4 hours for NRC Form 628 and 38 for NRC Form 629 and NUREG/BR-0254).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: The U.S. Department of the Treasury encourages the public to pay monies owed the government through use of the Automated Clearinghouse Network and credit cards. These two methods of payment are used by licensees, applicants, and individuals to pay civil penalties, full cost licensing fees, and inspection fees to the NRC.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room 0-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by March 8, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0190), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 31st day of January 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-2813 Filed 2-5-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P