30-day notice of information collection under review, new collection, data collection from grantees to reduce violent crimes against women on campus program.
The Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Violence Against Women office, has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Office of Management and Budget approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on January 4, 2002 Volume 67, page 608, allowing for a 60-day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment until May 1, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285.
Written comments and/or suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection:
(1) Type of information collection: New Collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Data Collection from Grants to Reduce Violent Crimes Against Women on Campus Program.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: There is no agency form number. The component is the Violence Against Women Office, Office of Justice Programs, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Institutions of Higher Education. The Grants to Reduce Violent Crimes Against Women on Campus Program was authorized through Section 826 of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998 to make funds available to institutions of higher education to combat domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking crimes.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 45 respondents will complete a 1-hour data collection form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual hour burden to complete the data collection forms is 45 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Ms. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: March 26, 2002.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-7756 Filed 3-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M