Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 536, “Operator Licensing Examination Data”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 536.
4. How often the collection is required: Annually.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: All holders of operating licenses or construction permits for nuclear power reactors.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 80.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 80.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 80.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: NRC is requesting renewal of its clearance to annually request all commercial power reactor licensees and applicants for an operating license to voluntarily send to the NRC: (1) Their projected number of candidates for operator licensing initial examinations; (2) the estimated dates of the examinations; (3) information on whether the examination will be facility developed or NRC developed; and (4) the estimated number of individuals that will participate in the Generic Fundamentals Examination (GFE) for that calendar year. Except for the GFE, this information is used to plan budgets and resources in regard to operator examination scheduling in order to meet the needs of the nuclear industry.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 23, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0131), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of April 2002.Start Printed Page 19780
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-9886 Filed 4-22-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P