U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: IAEA N-71, “Design Information Questionnaire.”
3. The form number if applicable: IAEA N-71.
4. How often the collection is required: It is estimated that this collection is required approximately 1 time per year.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees of facilities on the U.S. eligible list who have been notified in writing by the Commission to submit the form.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 360 hours.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: Licensees of facilities that appear on the U.S. eligible list, pursuant to the US/IAEA Safeguards Agreement, and who have been notified in writing by the Commission, are required to complete and submit a Design Information Questionnaire, IAEA Form N-71 (and the appropriate associated IAEA Form), to provide information concerning their installation for use of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/OMB/index/html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 24, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0158), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of April, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-9990 Filed 4-23-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P