Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 75—Safeguards on Nuclear Material, Implementation of US/IAEA Agreement.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: Installation information is submitted upon written notification from the Commission. Changes are submitted as they occur.
Nuclear material accounting and control information is submitted in accordance with specified instructions.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: All persons licensed or certified by the Commission or Agreement States to possess source or special nuclear material at an installation specified on the U. S. eligible list as determined by the Secretary of State or his designee and filed with the Commission, as well as holders of construction permits and persons who intend to receive source material.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 7 (1 response and 6 recordkeepers)
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 6. One reporting and recordkeeping and five others recordkeeping only. The NRC-licensed facility selected for inspection will be reporting design information. This facility and the five facilities selected pursuant to a separate protocol will maintain transfer and material balance records, but reporting to the IAEA will be through the Nuclear Materials Management and Safeguards System.
8. An estimate of the number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 2,400 (.2 hours for reporting and 2,400 hours for recordkeeping).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 75 establishes a system of nuclear material accounting and control to implement the agreement between the United States and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Under that agreement, NRC is required to collect the information and make it available to the IAEA. Currently, the IAEA has selected and is inspecting one NRC-licensed facility pursuant to 10 CFR 75.41.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/OMB/index/html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 30, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0158), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of April 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-10590 Filed 4-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P