The Materials Processing Equipment Technical Advisory Committee will meet on August 1, 2002, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Industry and Security with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials processing equipment and related technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the public.
3. Update on the Wassenaar Arrangement.
4. Report on committee proposal to include the 5-axis exclusion note from Start Printed Page 35474the Nuclear Suppliers Group control list in the Wassenaar Arrangement control list.
5. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with the U.S. export control program and strategic criteria related thereto.
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the materials prior to the meeting date to the following address:
Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BIS MS:3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the General Counsel, formally determined on November 30, 2001, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the series of meetings of the Committee and of any Subcommittees thereof, dealing with the classified materials listed in 5 U.S.C., 552b(c)(1) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in section 10(a)(1) and (a)(3), of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The remaining series of meetings or portions thereof will be open to the public.
For more information, contact Lee Ann Carpenter on 202-482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: May 13, 2002.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-12531 Filed 5-17-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M