Notice of Issuance of an Export Trade Certificate of Review, Application No. 02-00001.
The Department of Commerce has issued an Export Trade Certificate of Review to ROCACO INC., (“ROCACO”) dba REIS Network and World Business Exchange Network. This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification has been granted.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeffrey C. Anspacher, Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number), or by E-mail at email@example.com. Start Printed Page 43281End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. Sections 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. The regulations implementing Title III are found at 15 CFR part 325 (2001).
The Office of Export Trading Company Affairs (“OETCA”) is issuing this notice pursuant to 15 CFR 325.6(b), which requires the Department of Commerce to publish a summary of the Certificate in the Federal Register. Under section 305 (a) of the Act and 15 CFR 325.11(a), any person aggrieved by the Secretary's determination may, within 30 days of the date of this notice, bring an action in any appropriate district court of the United States to set aside the determination on the ground that the determination is erroneous.
Description of Certified Conduct
1. Products. All products.
2. Services. All services.
3. Technology Rights. All intellectual property rights associated with Products or Services, including, but not limited to: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as they Relate to the Export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights). Export Trade Facilitation Services include professional services in the areas of government relations and assistance with state and federal programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection and dissemination of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions and seminars; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; and facilitating transportation and shipping.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation
ROCACO and/or its Member may:
1. Develop Export Trading Companies who provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
2. Engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
3. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights to Export Markets;
4. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
5. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights;
6. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
7. Establish the price of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights for sales and/or licensing in Export Markets;
8. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights;
9. Enter into contracts for shipping; and
10. Exchange information on a one-to-one basis with individual Suppliers regarding inventories and near-term production schedules for the purpose of determining the availability of Products for export and coordinating export with its distributors.
Terms and Conditions of Certificate
1. In engaging in Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation, neither ROCACO nor its Member will intentionally disclose, directly or indirectly, to any Supplier any information about any other Supplier's costs, production, capacity, inventories, domestic prices, domestic sales, or U.S. business plans, strategies, or methods that are not already generally available to the trade or public.
2. ROCACO and its Member will comply with requests made by the Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the Secretary of Commerce or the Attorney General for information or documents relevant to conduct under the Certificate. The Secretary of Commerce will request such information or documents when either the Attorney General or the Secretary of Commerce believes that the information or documents are required to determine that the Export Trade, Export Trade Activities, and Methods of Operation of a person protected by this Certificate of Review continue to comply with the standards of Section 303(a) of the Act.
1. “Member,” within the meaning of Section 325.2(1) of the Regulation, is The REIS Foundation.
2. “Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services and/or Technology Rights.
Protection Provided by the Certificate
This Certificate protects ROCACO, its Member, and their directors, officers, and employees acting on their behalf from private treble damage actions and government criminal and civil suits under U.S. federal and state antitrust laws for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out during its effective period in compliance with its terms and conditions.
A copy of this certificate will be kept in the International Trade Administration's Freedom of Information Records Inspection Facility Room 4102, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20230.Start Signature
Dated: June 21, 2002.
Jeffrey C. Anspacher,
Director, Office of Export Trading, Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. 02-16195 Filed 6-26-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P