Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 9, Public Records.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0043.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Individuals requesting access to records under the Freedom of Information or Privacy Acts, or to records that are already publicly available in the NRC's Public Document Room.
5. The number of annual respondents: 11,272.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 2,832.
7. Abstract: 10 CFR part 9 establishes information collection requirements for individuals making requests for records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or Privacy Act (PA). It also contains requests to waive or reduce fees for searching for and reproducing records in response to FOIA requests; and requests for expedited processing of requests. The information required from the public is necessary to identify the records they are requesting; to justify requests for waivers or reductions in searching or copying fees; or to justify expedited processing.
Submit, by August 26, 2002, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-6 E6, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 21st day of June, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-16245 Filed 6-26-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P