U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 74, “Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material (SNM);” NUREG-1065, Rev. 2, “Acceptable Standard Format and Content for the Fundamental Nuclear Material Control (FNMC) Plan Required for Low Enriched Uranium Facilities;” NUREG/CR-5734, “Recommendations to the NRC on Acceptable Standard Format and Content for the Fundamental Nuclear Material Control Plan Required for Low-Enriched Uranium Enrichment Facilities;” and NUREG-1280, Rev. 1, “Standard Format and Content Acceptance Criteria for the Material Control and Accounting (MC&A) Reform Amendment.”
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: Submission of the FNMC is a one-time requirement which has been completed by all current licensees. However, licensees may submit amendments or revisions to the plans as necessary. In addition, specified inventory and material status reports are Start Printed Page 48494required annually or semiannually. Other reports are submitted as events occur.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Persons licensed under 10 CFR parts 70 who possess and use certain forms and quantities of SNM.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 36 (25 responses + 11 recordkeepers).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 23.
8. An estimate of the number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 6,314 (1,369 hours for reporting and 4,945 hours for recordkeeping [an average of 55 hours per response and 450 hours annually for each of 11 recordkeepers]).
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 74 establishes requirements for material control and accounting of SNM, and specific performance-based regulations for licensees authorized to possess and use strategic special nuclear material, or to possess and use, or produce, special nuclear material of low strategic significance. The information is used by the NRC to make licensing and regulatory determinations concerning material control and accounting of special nuclear material and to satisfy obligations of the United States to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Submission or retention of the information is mandatory for persons subject to the requirements.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by August 23, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0123), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of July 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-18745 Filed 7-23-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P