Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has adopted as final, with minor changes, an interim rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to implement a partnership agreement between DoD and the Small Business Administration (SBA). The partnership agreement streamlines procedures for contract awards under SBA's 8(a) Program.
July 30, 2002.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Angelena Moy, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD (AT&L) DP (DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-1302; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2001-D016.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
DoD published an interim rule at 67 FR 11435 on March 14, 2002, to implement a partnership agreement between DoD and SBA. The partnership agreement permits DoD to award 8(a) contracts directly to 8(a) concerns, on behalf of SBA. DoD received one comment on the interim rule, and that comment was in support of the rule. Therefore, DoD is adopting the interim rule as a final rule with only minor editorial changes.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
DoD certifies that this final rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq., because the rule affects only the administrative procedures used for award of contracts under the 8(a) Program.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not Start Printed Page 49256impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Parts 219 and 252End List of Subjects
Government procurement.Start Signature
Michele P. Peterson,
Executive Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council.
Interim Rule Adopted as Final With ChangesStart Amendment PartEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR Parts 219 and 252 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 219—SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS
2. Section 219.804-2 is amended by removing “must” and adding, in its place, “shall” in the following places:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Paragraph (1) introductory text, in the first and last sentences;End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Paragraph (1)(ii)(A);End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. Paragraph (2) introductory text, twice in the second sentence and once in the last sentence;End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
d. Paragraph (2)(ii), in the last sentence; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
e. Paragraph (3), in the first and last sentences.End Amendment Part
3. Section 219.806 is amended in paragraph (1) and in the last sentence of paragraph (2) by removing “must” and adding in its place “shall”.End Amendment Part
4. Section 219.811-1 is amended in paragraph (a), in the first, second, and last sentences, by removing “must” and adding in its place “shall”.End Amendment Part
5. Section 219.811-2 is amended by removing “must” and adding in its place “shall”.End Amendment Part End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. 02-19082 Filed 7-29-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P