Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of RTCA Special Committee 198 meeting.
The FAA is issuing this notice to advise the public of a meeting of RTCA Special Committee 198: Next-Generation Air/Ground Communications System (NEXCOM).
The meeting will be held on August 27-29, 2002, starting at 9 a.m.
The meeting will be held at RTCA, 1828 L Street, Suite 805, Washington, DC 20036.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
RTCA Secretariat, 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC 20036; telephone (202) 833-9339; fax (202) 833-9434; Web site http://www.rtca.org. Start Printed Page 50749End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Pursuant to section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 5 U.S.C., Appendix 2), notice is hereby given for a Special Committee 198 meeting. The agenda will include:
- August 27:
- Opening Plenary Session (Welcome and Introductory Remarks, Review Agenda and Minutes of Previous Meeting)
- FAA Presentation on Airspace Planning (FAA-ATA)
- Status of Working Group 4, VHF Data Link (VDL) 3 Implementation
- Status of Working Group 5, VDL 3 Operational Safety Analysis, System Performance Requirements (OHA/SPR), for NEXCOM VDL 3
- Status of Working Group 6, VDL 3 Interoperability of NEXCOM
- Working Group 5 Presentation of WG-5 Draft Document for Plenary Approval
- August 28:
- Working Group 4, NEXCOM Transition
- August 29:
- Working Group 6, Interoperability of NEXCOM VDL Mode 3
Attendance is open to the interested public but limited to space availability. With the approval of the chairmen, members of the public may present oral statements at the meeting. Persons wishing to present statements or obtain information should contact the person listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on July 29, 2002.
Janice L. Peters,
FAA Special Assistant, RTCA Advisory Committee.
[FR Doc. 02-19678 Filed 8-2-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-M