60-Day notice of information collection under review: Extension of currently approved collection; Department of Justice federal Coal Lease Review Information.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Antitrust Division has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 7, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, or additional information, please contact Jill Ptacek, Start Printed Page 51293Antitrust Division, Department of Justice, 325 7th St., NW., Washington, DC 20350.
Written comments or suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technical collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Department of Justice Federal Coal Lease Review Information.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number(s): ATR-139; ATR-140. Antitrust Division, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for profit. Other: None. Abstract: The Department of Justice evaluates the competitive impact of issuances, transfers and exchanges of federal coal leases. These forms seek information regarding a prospective coal lessee's coal reserves subject to the federal lease. The Department uses this information to determine whether the coal lease transfer is consistent with the antitrust laws.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 20 responses per year at two hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 40 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 1, 2002.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-19859 Filed 8-6-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-M