Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), DOT.
In compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics invites the general public, industry and other governmental parties to comment on the continuing need and usefulness of BTS collecting supplemental data for the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Comments are requested concerning whether the supplemental reports are needed by BTS to fulfill the United States treaty obligation of furnishing financial and traffic reports to ICAO; BTS accurately estimated the reporting burden; there are other ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information collected; and there are ways to minimize reporting burden, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Written comments should be submitted by October 8, 2002.
Comments should be directed to: Office of Airline Information, K-25, Room 4125, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590-0001, FAX NO. 366-3383 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments: Comments should identify the OMB # 2138-0039. Persons wishing the Department to acknowledge receipt of their comments must submit with those comments a self-addressed stamped postcard on which the following statement is made: Comments on OMB # 2138-0004. The postcard will be date/time stamped and returned.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Bernie Stankus Office of Airline Information, K-25, Room 4125, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590-0001, (202) 366-4387.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
OMB Approval No.: 2138-0039.
Title: Reporting Required for International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Form No.: BTS Form EF.
Type of Review: Extension of a currently approved collection.
Respondents: Large certificated air carriers.
Number of Respondents: 40.
Number of Responses: 40.
Total Annual Burden: 26 hours.
Needs and Uses: As a party to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Treaty), the United States is obligated to provide ICAO with financial and statistical data on operations of U.S. carriers. Over 99% of the data filled with ICAO is extracted from the air carriers' Form 41 submissions to BTS. BTS Form EF is the means by which BTS supplies the remaining 1% of the air carrier data to ICAO.Start Signature
Donald W. Bright,
Assistant Director, Airline Information, Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
[FR Doc. 02-20253 Filed 8-8-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-62-P