60-day notice of information collection under review; Affidavit of Financial Support and Intent to Petition for Legal Custody for Pubic Law 97-359 Amerasian; Form I-361.
The Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service Start Printed Page 53622has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until October 15, 2002.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Affidavit of Financial Support and Intent to Petition for Legal Custody for Public Law 97-359 Amerasian.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-361. Adjudications Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. The information on this form is used in support of Form I-360 (Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant) to assure financial support for Public Law 97-359 Amerasian. The affidavit is used only to sponsor individuals eligible for immigration under Public Law 97-359.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 50 responses at 30 minutes (.5) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 25 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Room 4034, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Suite 1600, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 9, 2002.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
[FR Doc. 02-20806 Filed 8-15-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M