U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 9, Public Records.
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Individuals requesting access to records under the Freedom of Information or Privacy Acts, or to records that are already publicly available in the NRC's Public Document Room.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 11,272.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 11,272.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 2,832.
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 9 establishes information collection requirements for individuals making requests for records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or Privacy Act (PA). It also contains requests to waive or reduce fees for searching for and reproducing records in response to FOIA requests; and requests for expedited processing of requests. The information required from the public is necessary to identify the records they are requesting; to justify requests for waivers or reductions in searching or copying fees; or to justify expedited processing.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by October 4, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0043), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 28th day of August, 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-22492 Filed 9-3-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P