60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: New Collection: Methamphetamine Project, Final Update Report (FUR).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until December 2, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gretchen DePasquale, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 1100 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Methamphetamine Project, Final Update Report (FUR).
(3) Agency form number,if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS).Start Printed Page 61923
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Law Enforcement Agency. Other: Universities and Private Non-Profit Agencies. Abstract: The information collection will be used by the COPS Office to determine grantee's progress toward grant implementation and for compliance monitoring efforts.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 100 responses from grantees. The estimated amount of time required for the average respondent to respond is 3.0 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 325 hours.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brenda Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, 601 D Street NW., Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 26, 2002.
Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-25000 Filed 10-1-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-M